We were part of UVLA‘s first pop-up bazaar called, “Kulahan” held at Cubao X last Saturday. And since “kulahan” is your everyday washboard, laundry was the theme of the bazaar.
Thank you for dropping by our booth!
Also! I’m now on instagram. Haha! Feel free to follow me: heypatatas
I blogged before about gardening. I was pretty confident that gardening is as easy as 1-2-3, but majority of my plants died because of weeds and overwatering. It took some months to learn from my mistakes and to give it a shot again.
Our house was recently renovated and the first challenge was to “revive” the soil to make it fertile again. It took a month, and that month consisted of removing pieces of concrete, trash, glass shards; then putting organic soil mix and even banana peels just to make things work.
Kamote / Sweet Potato
Then I planted some marigold and sweet williams. I was happy with the results— happy that my plants survived that soil, haha!
It was also during that time when I got my little cactus from Quiapo. I had one before purchased from Cartimar but that one got soggy and died thanks to floodwater.
I wanted my little cactus to have a companion, and I got 3! All for 100 php bucks and I guess things started there. Also, my recent trip to Baguio gave me ideas on what to work on at home.
I’m glad to say that a lot of progress was made, that all I need to work on is maintenance and replanting. My little hobby is pretty addicting, especially when you see sprouts from the soil or you see roots from cuttings. Maybe ‘rewarding’ is the right word to describe this pastime.
View the rest here
Lookie, lookie! The Specs girls together with ang-INK will be at the upcoming 10A Alabama Arts and Crafts Fair this coming April! We also get to make the craft fair’s poster. How cool is that? Consisting of things that remind us of summer, we arranged every thing until we came up with a unified look for the poster. :D
We shot the poster on a saturday morning in UP Diliman.
First of all, i’d like to give my massive thank you’s to those who dropped by and supported our booth in this year’s art int the park. The weather was very dry and dust was everywhere but it’s okay a lot of people came and had a good time. No rain and mud this year. I saw a lot of friends too, some I was able to make chit-chat and some not (because things got pretty hectic in the booth).
I brought some of my merchandise and a couple of artworks as well.
L-R (Top): Lips- Lips, Ilongs for you
L-R (Bottom) Ringworms, Higadness!
L-R: My sweet silog joy II, Kwek-a-kweks
Also, new set of legs for our sticker set:
Poster by Borg Sinaban
Halloo! Ang-INK is now accepting new members!
1. Five (5) sample illustrations from your portfolio.
- Individual images should at least be 1000px on one side, and should NOT be more than 72dpi, jpg or png
- Compile ALL 5 of your works in ONE pdf. Total file size of the pdf should NOT exceed 7mb.
- PDF name should follow the format: INKAPP14-yourname-portfolio
- Upload file in online application form.
2. Children’s book illustration spreads based on one of this year’s PBBY Salanga Prize
- Honorable Mention winners, Gaano Ba Kalayo Patungong Paaralan? by Genaro R. Gojo Cruz. The story can be downloaded from the PBBY website:http://www.pbby.org.ph/downloads/2014-salanga-gaano-ba-kalayo-patungong-paaralan.pdf
- -Follow this PBBY requirement: All entries must consist of three (3) illustrations that are of the same size and medium. Entries do not have to be based on consecutive spreads/parts of the text.
- -You are not required to layout/include the text in your illustrations.
- -Individual images should be 9in (h) x 14 inches (w), and should not be more than 72dpi, jpg or png
- -Compile ALL 3 images in ONE pdf. Total file size of the pdf should NOT exceed 5mb.
- -PDF name should follow the format: INKAPP14-yourname-pbby
- -Upload file in online application form.
3. Accomplished online application form: tinyurl.com/angINKapp2014
All applicants will be notified of the results through email by April 25, 2014.
Have a question? Simply send an email INK at email@example.com
Here’s the stuff I made for Specs’ pattern-themed postcard set:
No need to open the pack. :)
What you’ll see inside (Taken from our FB page)
New drawing. Also I made a new society6 account. I deactivated the old one since I barely update it. Haha. So here goes! society6.com/yasdr